আপনাদের সুবিধার জন্য সকল প্রিলির ইংরেজি অংশ থেকে Bank Exam English এর জন্য ১১০ টি বাছাইকৃত প্রশ্ন। শুধু পড়ে যান।
1. ‘To kick the bucket’ – meaning?
A. পটল তোলা
2. ‘To rob Peter to pay Paul.’ Its Bangla equivalent is:
A. কাঁটা দিয়ে কাটা তোলা
B. চোরের উপর বাটপারি
C. গরু মেরে জুতা দান
D. উদোর পিন্ডি বুদোর ঘাড়ে
3. To carry coals to Newcastle- এর অনুবাদ হলো-
A. ঝোঁপ বুঝে কোঁপ মারা
B. কাঁচা বাঁশে ঘুন ধরা
C. তেলে মাথায় তেল দেওয়া
D. কয়লা ধুলে ময়লা যায় না
4. Translate into Bangla: His stars are now in the ascendant.
A. তার এখন নাকে তেল দিয়ে ঘুমানোর কথা।
B. তার এখন শিরে সংক্রান্তি অবস্থা।
C. এখন তার একাদশে বৃহম্পতি।
D এখন সে আকাশ ভরা তারা।
5. সম্ভব হলে একটু বেড়িয়ে যেও। The best translation is:
A. If possible, try to visit
B. if you can you may come.
C. If possible, please drop by.
D. If you try, you might drop in.
6. ‘You keep (to interrupt) while I am talking.’
A. to interrupt
7. The antonym of ‘Soothing’ Is:
8. Change into negative: ‘He is the only person fit for the job.’ The best answer ______________ is fit for the job.
A. He is not the only one
B. No other person but she is
C. No other person but you are
D. He is none but
9. Use appropriate phrasal verb: ‘This evidence _____ with what one already knows.’
A. ties in
B. sets in
C. gives in
D. goes down
10. Fill in the blank: She walks ____ beauty.
11. Use appropriate prepositions: Finding himself short _______ money, he wrote
_______ his uncle _______ help.
A. in, to, to
B. with, to, for
C. of, to, to
D. to, to, about
12. Generally speaking, ___________ peacocks are more beautiful than peahens. The gap requires
D. no article
13. We waited until the plane _______ .
A. did not take off
B. took off
C. had not taken off
D. had taken off
14. Fill in the gap: ‘She works six days ______ week.’.
15. So many servants attended ______ him during his illness.
16. The controversy is likely to create _____ between the two communities.
17. The speaker painted a ____ picture of hunger in parts of Bangladesh.
18. Do not ________ him, he has done no harm to any of you.
19. Non-violence is the law of saints as violence is the law of the ______
20. I can give you no assurance _____ help.
21. The principal made an inquiry____________ the case.
22. “ __________ do you spell your surname?”
23. The doctor was worried _____ patient.
24. Soldiers were deployed ________ the boarder of the country.
25. I am accustomed _____ such a life.
26. _____ she reached the exam hall than the door closed.
A. As sooner as
B. No sooner had
C. As soon as
D. No sooner
27. He had a wonderful gift of the gab. The bold-faced part means-
28. To give currency to
A. to pay much attention to
B. to give someone
C. to offer bribe
D. to carry heavy load to
29. Between the devil and the deep sea-
A. to choose correctly
B. to be in a dilemma
C. to be in a temper
D. to live dangerously
30. To scale up
A. to deliver
B. to divide
C. to discuss
D. to measure
31. To have cold feet
A. to be reluctant
B. to pay much attention to
C. to feel very cold
D. to pour water on something
32. To cut the crackle
A. to dig well
B. to stop talking and start
C. to annoy others
D. to act in a friendly way
33. The bold-faced part of the sentence ‘I gave him a piece of my mind.’ states
A. Expressed love
B. Fell in love
C. Expressed anguish
D. Trusted him
34. ‘The employees were ‘kept in after office hour’ means that the employees were-
35. The expression ‘browbeating’ means
A. Raising eyebrows
B. Showing indifference
C. Showing surprising
D. Frightening somebody
36. If a man is ‘worth his salt. ‘, here he is-
A. a soldier a thistly
B. a valuable employee
C. a highly paid worker
37. The proverb ‘A burnt child dreads fire’ means
A. A bad experience may scare ones attitude
B. To choose between equally bad alternatives
C. Children are burnt easily
D. A burnt child needs to see a doctor
38. ‘Mellifluous’ means-
39. The word ‘Jaunt’ is synonymous to
A. Short drive
B. Irresistible force
40. ‘Cacography’ is related to:
A. spelling bee
B. good spelling
C. incorrect spelling
D. None of the above
41. A man who catches fish as a hobby is called a/an
42. A den for small animals is called
43. A fourteen-lined poem is called a –
44. A disease affecting many persons at the same time and place is called –
45. One who knows many languages.
46. An insect with many legs is called
47. A person suffering from nervous break down.
48. The art of beautiful handwriting
49. A writer who steals ideas from other.
50. A ‘pugilist’ is a
51. Select the pair which is set in opposition.
A. Doggish: Canine
B. Manly: Virile
C. Divine: Infernal
D. Earthly: Terrestrial
52. Turn into indirect narration: ‘I asked, “Whose picture is it?”
A. I asked which picture it was.
B. I asked whose picture it was.
C. I asked to which is the picture.
D. I asked whose the picture is.
53. Change into passive: Who is creating this mess?
A. By whom is this mess being created?
B. Who has been created this mess?
C. By whom this mess is being created?
D. By whom has this mess been created?
54. The sentence which carries the similar meaning of ‘Even if it rains I shall come’
A. I will certainly come whether it rains or not
B. Whenever there is rain I shall come
C. If it rains I shall not come
D. If I come it will not rain
55. Which is the ‘longest pause’?
56. The antonym of ‘Climax’ is-
57. The expression, “Take into account” means
58. “Perhaps I won’t go out this evening.” means
A. I may not go out this evLiling.
B. I should not go out this evening.
C. I might go out this evening.
D. I shall not go out this evening.
59. The verb fQrm of ‘Politics’ is
60. The plural of ‘Spectrum’ is
61. Which is not an English prefix?
62. “A child likes sweets only.” The negative form of the sentence is-
A. A child likes none but sweets.
B. A child likes nothing but sweets.
C. A child likes but sweets.
D. A child likes not more sweets.
63. “It cannot be done.” The active voice form is
A. No one can do it.
B. We cannot do it.
C. It is impossible to do it.
D. Most people éannot do it.
64. He said, “I can do the work.” The indirect narration is
A. He said that he can do the work.
B. He said thatV I could do the work.
C. He said that I will do the work.
D. He said that he could do the work.
65. The noun form of the word ‘Fortunate’ is
B. Fortunate V
66. “May Allah help you.” It is an-
A. Optative sentence
B. Exdamatoiy sentence
C. Assertive sentence
D. None of these
67. The correct translation of “নাচতে না জানলে উঠান বাঁকা” is-
A. A bad workmam quarrels with his tools.
B. A bad dancer complains about the stage.
C. Pride does before destruction.
D. The wearer knows best where the shoe pinches.
68. What is the synonym of ‘Diligent’?
69. Which is in singular number?
70. Which one of the following is similar in relationship to ‘Curiosity: Know’?
A. Temptation: Conquer
B. Wanderlust: Travel
C. Starvation: Eat
D. Humor: Laugh
71. The author of the novel ‘The Trial’ is:
A. Victor Hugo
B. Leo Tolstoy
C. Franz Kafka
D. Ernest Hemingway
72. Find the odd word in the following list.
73. Find out this text in your textbook. The underlined words are respectively:
A. Noun and Adjective
B. Noun and Adverb
C. Adjective and Noun
D. Noun and Noun
74. The passive form of the sentence ‘Who has written Hamlet?’ is:
A. Hamlet has written by whom?
B. By whom Hamlet is being written?
C. By whom Hamlet is written?
D. Who has Hamlet been written by?
75. The indirect form of the sentence “He said, “Let us go for a walk.” is:
A. He said that they must go for a walk.
B. He suggested that they should go for a walk.
C. He proposed that they would go for walk.
D. He proposed to go for walk.
76. The idiom ‘be all and end all’ means:
A. by any means
B. supreme aim
C. whatever happens
77. The word ‘Hypocritical’ is the antonym of:
78. Which one is correct spelling?
79. Select the pair in the following options which is set in opposition:
A. Doggish — Canine
B. Manly – Virile
C. Divine – Infernal
D. Earthly – Terrestrial
80. In the time of danger, we should try to take the bull by the horns’ means –
A. Surmount it
B. Deal the situation decisively
C. Overcome it
D. Control ourselves
81. The art of cultivating and managing gardens is called –
82. A gentleman should be true______ his words.
Choose the word/phrase from the list which is nearest in meaning to the boldfaced parts of the sentences (83-84):
83. His letter fuelled my doubts.
84. The 19th century was the hey-day of the Renaissance in Bengal.
A. days of decline
C. period of stagnation
D. time of up-rise
85. Choose the correct alternative from the options to fill in the blanks: ‘To make headway’ is to___________.
A. make progress
B. make little progress
C. to progress towards collision
D. to proceed to travel
86. This method is not wrong; but there may be a more _______method than this.
87. The closest meaning of the word ‘bizarre’ in the sentence:
‘The model’s clothes were so bizarre that they created quite a sensation’ is –
88. He succeeded by dint _____ his hard labour.
89. Make it passive: “They said he is a good candidate.’
A. He was said to be a good candidate.
B. He was considered to be a good candidate.
C. It was said by them that he is to be a good candidate.
D. He was believed by them as a good candidate.
90. Change the narration: The captain says, “Company, move forward.’
A. The Captain commands the company to move forward.
B. The Captain Commanded to move the company forward.
C. The Captain Instructed the company for a forward move.
D. The Captain requests the company to move forward.
91. ‘This is my (office) name.’ The suffix which should be added to the bracketed part.
A. – ial
C. – ia
D. —no suffix
92. The superlative degree of the word ‘able’ is
A. most able
C. best able
93. The noun of ‘Transmit’ is:
94. The ‘zero plural marker’ is used in –
95. The correct spelling is:
96. The correctly spelt word is
Choose the correct sentence (Questions 97—100).
A. Between you and I, I doubt that he will come.
B. Betweenyou and 1,1 doubt that he would come.
C. Between you and me, I doubt that he will come..
D. Between you and me, I doubt that he would come.
A. One of the boy’s are meeting me today.
B. One of the boy will meet me today.
C. One of the boy is meeting me today.
D. One of the boys is meeting me today.
A. He acted in a cowardly manner.
B. He acted coward manner.
C. He acted in cowardly.
D. He acted in coward manner.
A. The intruder stood quietly for few moments.
B. The intruder stood quietly for a few moments.
C. The intruder stood quietly few moments.
D. The intruder stood quietly for the few moments.
Choose the word. which is nearest meaning to the key word(101-105).
A. very sleepy
B. very thin
C. very tall
D. very aged
Identify the missing letter(101-110).
এই ১১০টি প্রশ্ন পড়লে এবং পড়ার মত করে পড়লে আপনি Upcoming Bank Exam এর অনুষ্ঠিতব্য পরীক্ষায় কমন পাবেন- এ আশা করতেই পারেন।
Bank Exam English এর জন্য ১১০ টি বাছাইকৃত প্রশ্ন ছাড়া আরও পড়ুনঃ
ফেইসবুকে আপডেট পেতে আমাদের অফিসিয়াল পেইজ ও অফিসিয়াল গ্রুপের সাথে যুক্ত থাকুন। ইউটিউবে পড়াশুনার ভিডিও পেতে আমাদের ইউটিউব চ্যানেল সাবস্ক্রাইব করুন। আমাদের সাইট থেকে কপি হয়না তাই পোস্টটি শেয়ার করে নিজের টাইমলাইনে রাখতে পারেন।